Monday, October 1, 2012

The Dream

Left over eyeliner and chipped nail polish;
the remnants of last night cling to me today.
Shaking my head, can't clear the fog of drowsiness
and wonder if I am still in a Dream.
After all:
Only in Dreams do people speak nonsense.
Only in Dreams are you alone among others.
Only in Dreams do you lose yourself to random thoughts.
Day Dreams or Nightmares or Memories of Home.
There is no escape: in my Dreams I am home.
While awake, I am Dreaming.



Okay -- first try at a poem. I'm not completely thrilled with it but I wrote it in class today and figured I'd take a chance and put it on my blog. Hope you like it :)
Love From Marbella,
Shona Bell

1 comment:

  1. Good poem... I was expecting the climax to be only in dreams... or every day on exchange!

    ReplyDelete