Saturday, January 19, 2013

Moving Day


Well, I've moved! Woke up this morning at 8:30, finished up packing, cleaned my room, and ate my last breakfast in Campos household! Well, I had a cup of coffee, was feeling a little too nervous to eat much of anything. **Shout out to Christian for talking me through my nerves this morning, thank you!!*** Nina rang the doorbell at 11:00 sharp, and Ana and Salvador helped me load all my things into the car. After many "thank you"s and hugs goodbye, I hopped in the car and was on my way to my new host family. Though I was sad to leave my old host family and the comfort I had found in my life there, I was looking forward to getting to know Mamen and Patricio (my new host parents) better; they had been hosting Vanessa for the past five months so I had spent plenty of time in their home and company. In typical Mamen fashion, I was greeted immediately with a hug and "dos besitos," not to mention huge smiles and even a "bienvenida" sign by the front door.
 After carrying my belongings upstairs, my new host parents, Nina, Pentti (Nina's partner) and I sat down in the living room to discuss life in my new house. After going over house rules, chores, questions, and quirks, Nina and Pentti left and I went upstairs to unpack my things! Though it took me a little while to figure out where to put things, I eventually got all my clothes and "stuff" to fit (thank goodness!!).


  We lunched on (can I say that? or is that not a phrase? sorry, my English is deteriorating at an incredibly alarming rate!) a delicious spaghetti bolognese, lettuce with cheese dressing, followed by a pear and some ice cream cake (sorry mom, totally forgot to take photos! next time I promise to remember). After lunch, my host dad helped me set up the internet on my electronic devices, and I made my way down to the den to get some homework done (and write this blog). I already feel quite comfortable here, which is a wonderful feeling. My new host parents are wonderful and I can't wait to become part of their family!

kitchen
 kitchen
my bedroom
 neatly stacked books and random belongings
 the "den"
no matter where I am... there's always homework to do

Sending Love from Marbella,
Shonabell

1 comment:

  1. Your bedroom looks so clean and well-organized. I like the closet the most because everything is in order. You only hung clothes that needed to be hanged and kept others folded on the corner side. Well, there are some stuff that you don't use that often, so it's a great idea that you provided storage boxes. By doing so, you're keeping the place safe and good-looking as well.

    ReplyDelete